I noticed the “Too Redirects Error” on a couple of facebook pages, we manage and it was quite a frustrating error and I tried the following to fix it:
- Clearing the cookies and the browser cache
- Using different browser – I tried Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. All the browsers brought up the same error
- Using different multiple systems – tried logging in on an iMac, Macbook pro, Windows system and same error.
The error persisted and we had to start using Hootsuite to manage the facebook pages as a temporary fix but with time we needed to respond to user messages on facebook, moderate comments; hence we had to fix the issue permanently.
To Fix the “Facebook Too Many Redirects Error” try the following:
- Login to your Facebook Page that is showing this error
- The “Too Many Redirects Error” will show this message:
This page isn’t working right now www.facebook.com redirected you too many times. ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
- In the browsers URL box type the following:
- https://www.facebook.com/home or https://www.facebook.com/upgradeaccount/redirect/
The following error displays:
This Page Isn’t Available The link may be broken, or the page may have been removed. Check to see if the link you’re trying to open is correct.Go to News Feed
To get to your news feed, press the Esc Key to close the error message and click on the NEWS FEED Button.
The error usually pops up because Facebook wants users to upgrade to Facebook new design. The unsuccessful migration to the new design caused the redirection error.